Custom Search

Monday, December 21, 2009

So worth the money!

So just over a month ago is when I decided I was sick of having nothing to wear. I was sick of feeling fat and out of shape. I was sick of feeling tired. It was time to lose this weight. I have a gym membership and it needed to be used! So I took advantage of the free classes my gym offered. Step classes, cardio kickball, ball classes. They were all great classes, but I found I needed something more. The times I went to the gym and didn't do the classes, I had no idea what to do and therefore no motivation to do it.
I decided I needed a major kick start to get me going. I also needed to know what I should be doing and how to properly do it. So I decided to try a personal trainer. I called my gym and I was astonished at the prices. I could not afford $60 an hour. I started looking at craigslist to see if anyone was advertising their services. I found him. He charged $30 an hour, he was certified and best yet, he came to me! I was nervous about not knowing who this guy was. I was a little worried this big meat head would show up at my door. I was also concerned that he could be some creepy guy who falsely advertised. After meeting him and having heard his strategy to help me succeed with my goals, my husband and I felt very comfortable with him and we were happy with the price.
I have had 6 or 7 classes with him now. Getting a trainer was the best money I have ever spent. From our first training session I knew he was going to be a huge help. I also knew I was going to be in serious pain! I worked muscles I never knew I had. He showed me how to properly hold the weights.  He taught me about being aware of using and strengthening my core. He showed me some great exercises, like running sideways on the treadmill. (So sore the next day!) Having a personal trainer, changing my diet and working out on my own has helped me lose 8 pounds so far.
 It feels fantastic to finally see results!

No comments:

Post a Comment